Friday 14 January 2011

Evaluation Question 1

In what ways does your media product use,develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?
when creating my media product i was influenced by many artists for example

Trey songs -One Love . The way in which this video started helped influence me and my groups ideas when we were deciding how we were going to make our video. The fact the fact that his story started with a title and a cover as if it was a book. Which helped capture its audiences attention. We thought this would be very affective as we also had a story in which we had to tell.

 We found out that trying to frame the photo or making the front cover a book would in fact be too hard .Therefore we just got a shot of our artist and used it as our opening shot. This shows her writing the lyrics to the song, as she creates as the video continues.


 We thought that this would be a good idea due to the fact we had changed the narrative of our video and based it on friendship. So we were going to have picture frames of stills which we included in our video to tell our story. We really did want to have a book as a effect in story telling but sadly couldn't so we stuck to our codes and conventions . Kept the video very simple and did not leave the boundaries which leave our codes and conventions of a video for example, the way we filmed in a studio and didn't film out on the street to make it look like a grime video.










Instead we decided to make our memories black and white to show we were looking back on the past on emphasis of what happened. we thought this would be a lot easier. However i thought maybe if we had used a frame it would have been better. An gave a more pictorial effect . Throughout the video we still stuck to the conventions of our genre. These conventions also occurred in the acoustic version of pixie Lott. Which we chose as our song. We decided to do it in a studio however only have close ups and shots of our artists singing. Instead of having drums and over instruments in the shot to make it look like a rock video. The clothing was kept simply just like pixie lott was dressed in hers and ther wasnt nothing to other the top to make it look all over the top and glamarous.



 I don't actually think my advert is conventional because it is not a picture of me in the studio. however for future reference i think i would use a photo like that if i did it again. However the fact that the photo is plain and there isn't really much to it . I feel that it does fit as it is really plain and there isn't really much to it ,but there artist its self and i feel that says it all.
 I decided to keep the colour theme running between my digipak and my advertisement. Red and black as you can see. There was a flower which i also used, as in the video there was a rose . Sadly i could not find a natural rose to replica this. Therefore i found my own and colour red it according to the theme which i found. It did not look natural however kept my theme going. I put a plain one in the back cover and inside to keep my theme consistent.
I did not really decorate my CD but made it red and just put the artists name and album name on it. I stuck to the necessity of keeping my album plain.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marilyn
    this is coming along nicely - I really like the use of screen shots and you are thinking about real conventions and influences. If you refer to something that didn't quite work try and say why it wouldn't work/or why you abandoned the idea.
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete